Well over half a million illegal invaders who have `become embedded in British society’ will be given an effective secret amnesty by the government, according to a Sunday newspaper.The News of the World claimed that it had uncovered evidence showing that Home Office officials had been instructed to abandon any efforts to track them down or kick them out of the country.
Instead the huge number, equivalent to a city the size of Sheffield, will be allowed to settle here and work legally.
The decision has been taken because just 60 Immigration Service officials are reviewing a massive backlog of 660,000 applications for asylum.
Around 60,000 are believed to have already been deported, decided to leave, have died - or are awaiting deportation. But, with some applications dating back a decade, ministers have decided it is easier to let the rest stay.
Those who can be contacted will be sent a letter saying they will not be removed - but they will be told that if they leave Britain they cannot come back.
Ministers deny that the “legacy case review” is an amnesty. One said: “If they leave the country they won’t be allowed back in. However, many are now so well embedded in the community it would be a long, drawn-out process to get rid of them.”
But the decision is likely to encourage hundreds of thousands more migrants to travel to Britain, knowing they are unlikely to be removed .
Sir Andrew Green, Chairman of Migration Watch UK, said: “More immigrants settling in Britain is the last thing we need.
“Our population is already increasing by a third of a million every year, mainly due to immigration. We will have to build the equivalent of the city of Birmingham every three years just to cope.”
BNP NEWS TEAM

0 comments:
Post a Comment